Each lender has slightly different requirements regarding what documents they need from you for the pre-approval process, but in general, expect to provide the following items:
- For every person signing the loan, W2 forms or business tax return forms, if you’re self employed, for the last 2 or 3 years.
- Copies of at least 1 pay stub for each person signing the loan.
- Account numbers of all your credit cards and the amounts for any outstanding balances.
- Copies of 2-4 months of bank or credit union statements for both checking and saving accounts.
- Lender, loan number, and amount owed on other installments such as: student loans or car loans.
- Addresses where you’ve lived for the last 5-7 years, with names of landlords, if appropriate.
- Copies of brokerage account statements for 2-4 months, as well as lists of any other major assets of value, such as: a boat, RV, or stocks or bonds not held in a brokerage account.
- Copies of your most recent 401K or other retirement account statement.
- Documentation to verify additional income, such as child support or pension.
- Copies of personal tax forms for the last 2-3 years.
Questions about the pre-approval process? Call me at 717.963.0016.